Hiring: Executive Director
CEE Bankwatch Network is looking for an Executive Director.
The network aims to prevent the environmentally and socially harmful impacts of international finance and to promote alternative solutions and public participation across central and eastern Europe and beyond. As the largest network of central and eastern European non-governmental organisations, Bankwatch has a proven track record of success in its more than 20 years of campaigning on issues of international finance, environmental protection, and safeguarding human rights and development. The network has its main office in Prague, but the majority of the 40-plus staff work in offices across the region.
The Executive Director will be responsible for the further development and implementation of the strategy of the network devised by its 15 member groups, to oversee the overall management of the organisation, to represent Bankwatch towards public institutions and funders, and to lead and support staff based in several countries.
- Successful track record of strategic leadership in non-profit organisations
- Ability to manage 40-plus staff in a participatory way and to motivate team work for social change
- Commitment to Bankwatch mission, vision and values, and capacity to lead campaigns for the implementation of the Bankwatch strategy
- Demonstrated experience in representing interests towards political and social actors
- Understanding of financial management, budget planning and budget execution
- Proven fundraising record with institutional and private funders
- Ability to galvanize a network of NGOs
- Demonstrated understanding of the CEE region
- Understanding of socio-economic drivers which can lead to environmental and social degradation
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Ability to proactively seek and provide feedback, strong emotional intelligence
- Fluent English in speaking and writing
Preference will be given to candidates that
- can demonstrate working experience in areas core to Bankwatch work,
- can demonstrate successful leadership experience in central and eastern European non-profit organisations,
- can demonstrate leadership experience in non-profit organisations with cross-border structure.
The Executive Director will be based in the Prague office or in one of the countries where its members operate.The Executive Director will spend about one week per month traveling.
The salary for the position is competitive for the non profit sector in the region and commensurate with relevant experience. In addition, the position includes a generous benefits package that offers the possibility for personal and professional development and extended sabbatical.
Bankwatch strives to provide equal opportunities to all applicants. You’ll be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, skin colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability status.
If you have questions, please email the same address with the subject line “Question”.
The deadline for applications is 30 November 2018.
 Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Latvia, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Ukraine