Time: 10:00-12:00 CET/11:00 – 13:00 Kyiv time
Description: On 20 June 2023, the European Commission published a draft proposal for the establishment of the Ukraine Facility. This single medium-term instrument aims to consolidate the EU’s bilateral assistance to Ukraine and ensure the coordination and efficiency of EU assistance between 2024 and 2027. The draft regulation also sets out provisions for a ‘Ukraine Plan’, which will be developed by Ukrainians in close consultation with the Commission. The Plan will outline Ukraine’s vision for the recovery, reconstruction and modernisation of the country as well as the reforms it intends to implement as part of its accession to the EU.
How will the Ukraine Facility work and what role will the EU institutions play in its design? How can civil society get involved now and in the future? And how can we build on the experiences of EU countries in implementing the European Code of Conduct on Partnership? Join our online event to discuss these questions and more.
We are delighted to have heard from the following speakers:
- Valeria Izhyk, EU policy officer – Ukraine reconstruction, CEE Bankwatch Network
- Gabriel Blanc, Team Leader – Reconstruction of Ukraine, DG NEAR
- Taras Kachka, Deputy minister, Ministry of Economy of Ukraine
- Francesca Canali, EU policy officer, CEE Bankwatch Network
- Olesya Archypska, Co-head, Open Government Partnership Coordinating Council of Ukraine
- Olga Polunina, Executive Director, Centre for Environmental Initiatives (Ecoaction)
- Olga Slyvynska, Head of Economic Recovery and Development Program, Kyiv School of Economics
Presentations from the webinar: