Date: 5 June 2023
Significant public investments are available to achieve the European Green Deal, yet these require proper monitoring and scrutiny.
The webinar showcased how citizens can become part of EU funds’ decision making and ensure these are used to deliver the transformation needed.
The session covered the role of EU citizens as watchdogs, and how and why they are key actors in achieving the goals of the European Green Deal.
The presentations were followed by a Q&A session.
– The role of civil society in monitoring the recovery funds: the perspective of the Greens in the European Parliament
– The European Green Deal Barometer: where do we currently stand with implementing the European Green Deal?
Examples from the ground:
– Poland: Monitoring Committees as a platform for monitoring and implementing EU funds
– Czech Republic: Citizens’ training for mapping and implementing water management
– Spain: civil society representing the voice of citizens – preventing the financing of the Canal Roya ski resort through EU recovery funds