Civil society organisations and interested individuals have a chance to meet six accountability mechanisms of international financial institutions (IFIs) during an event in Kiev on 8-9th November.
The meeting will be an occasion to get information about the role of accountability mechanisms in dealing with complaints concerning the impacts of projects financed by the respective financial institutions – in particular regarding environmental, social and human rights concerns.
For the organisations and individuals this will be an occasion to learn about the procedures of these mechanisms among others on the basis of real cases that will be presented both by civil society and IFI representatives.
The mechanisms represented at the event are:
- the Complaints Mechanism from European Investment Bank,
- the Project Complaint Mechanism of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development,
- the Inspection Panel of the World Bank,
- the Compliance Advisor Ombudsman of the International Finance Corporation and the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency, World Bank Group,
- the Office of Accountability of the Overseas Private Investment Corporation and
- the Complaints Mechanism of the Black Sea Trade and Development Bank.
CEE Bankwatch Network is a social partner in this event and would like to invite interested organisations and individuals who may register by sending a filled registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration forms and invitation letters are available on the EIB’s website.